Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some Pictures!

Christmas break has been largely uneventful. I've been trying to get things done for school, but I seem to be easily distracted. Can you believe that?
I did house-sat for a family who is moving into Niamey from a village. They want to send their children to Sahel for high school so they had to make the move. I stayed in their home and cared for their dogs for a week. It was wonderful to get out of the dorm and off campus for awhile. I even made a new friend with a Peace Corps girl who lives near the house.
Instead of regailing you with adventures this week that I did not have, I'l just show you a bit of life in Niger that doesn't always make the blog. Pictures are so hard to upload here so I'm hoping for the best.
The stellar driving range at the amazing Niamey Golf Course.
The Kindergarten pet had a baby. I think the hedgehog is my new favorite animal.
Jayson riding Rover, the campus tortoise.
John & Rufus were upset that they were not invited to the girl party at a staff house. They improvised and got themselves in anyway.

Christmas break is speeding by. I am hoping to step out into even more adventures this break and see more of Nigerien life.

I hope your Christmas was wonderful, even if most of you were snowed in. I am missing snow and cold already, and it isn't even May/June when it is supposed to be miserably hot here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a tiny hedgehog!!! And what a giant tortoise!!! :P

    As I am sitting here in my 58-degree apartment, it is about 15F outside. Wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete