Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Accreditation

A team came out this week to finalize the accreditation process of the school. We are glad they are finally here since they were supposed to come on coup d'etat weekend. However, because of the delay, only two of the four persons were able to come. A man and a woman.

On Tuesday they spent their time wandering around the school and poking in on several classes. The guy stopped in on the second half of my double period that day. I felt my heart drop. I was really hoping to have slipped under the radar on this one since I only taught one class. Oh well. There he was!

We are reading Pride & Prejudice in class and having a fairly good time doing it. Well, I am anyway. I tried to act pretty normal and just teach as if he wasn't there. He seemed to be enjoying himself so I almost forgot about him. The kids were great! They were excited about what we were doing and really participated in discussion. The regular kid only fell asleep once! It was amazing!

He sat there for nearly 20 minutes! I was thankful for the smile he had on his face or I might have died! When he finally left the room, I just sat on the floor in front of all my laughing kids. Just as my brain started to relax as the knowledge that the observation was finally over sank in, my door opened again and the lady walked in. EEEEEK!

Good thing I had stood up a few moments earlier.

She sat for about 5 minutes and left.

Game over!

This morning, as I walked out of the library the man stopped me. Here it comes, I thought. He's going to tell me Sahel would have been accredited if it wasn't for the insano English teacher.

"I really enjoyed your class and your enthusiasm for teaching! You are a good teacher." he said.

Immediately, I dropped my books and ran towards him. I tackled him in a giant bear hug while sobbing and blubbering something about Ms. Bennet and Caroline Bingly.

Oh, wait.

No I didn't.

It turns out, he's a really nice guy! He wasn't scary at all. We had a nice chat and then I left.

Except I couldn't stop smiling for a few hours.

A good day is improved.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for my Cindy!!!! That puts a huge smile on my face too! And you thought teaching wasn't for you :) what an answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! You are an awesome teacher even though i haven't sat in your classroom since we taught vacation bible school together. lol. Remember our conversation on how certain age kids scared each of us. Ok maybe not but I am proud of you and miss you tons! Keep up the great teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew a few years ago that you were a good teacher!! I'm glad this made your day brighter, but it certainly came as no surprise to me!!

    ReplyDelete